- I'm almost 6 months old (May 12 I will be!)
- I've been sleeping through the night since I was about 2 months old...right now I go to bed around 8 pm and get up around 6:30 am.
- I'm eating "solid" foods...if you call baby cereal & pureed fruits and veggies "solid". I like all these things, but boy do they make me STINKY! I made my Uncle Pete "cry" when he held me on Easter with my toots! Yeah!
- I am working on coordinating my legs and arms so that I can crawl. I'm really close to doing it...in the meantime however, I sure can roll or twist to get where I want to go. Mom has put this one blanket down on the floor in our family room for me to play on and I trick her all the time and roll off of it and all around the room. She always gets after me for "getting off the reservation". Like I'm really going to stay on that blanket! That is like thinking that when you see one of those deer crossing signs that the deer just cross where the sign is! Duh!
- I LOVE my offices. I have a downstairs one and an upstairs one. Normal folks call them an exersaucer and a walker. My family calls them my offices...I do like to do my work there. Mom & dad think I'm in waste management.
- When the weather is nice mom & I go for walks. I like them a lot. I can see all sorts of cool things like birds, cars, and loads of construction equipment. (they are doing lots of work in our neighborhood) I also like it because it puts me to sleep! :)
- My mom & dad are going to dedicate me to God at Church on May 10th. They keep telling me I was a gift from God and that they are supposed to be taking good care of me for Him. They are...I think! They feed me, clothe me, wash me, they gave me a nice bed in a nice room, they have given me lots of fun things to play with, they read to me, they pray with me, and mom sings me fun songs about Jesus during the day and when I go to sleep at night. I've got some pretty great parents!
- I'm kind of nosey...I like to be in the know. I have to check everything out that is happening around me. Not sure where that comes from...
- I love all my cousins! They are fun to play with. They make me laugh!
- I like to fly in daddy's air plane. I've been on a few trips in it now and it is fun. Mom sits in back with me and keeps me company while dad flys the plane. I can almost see out the window. It won't be much longer now!
- I LOVE "tubby time"! When mom says "splash 'em" I splash a lot! It is so much fun! I've got a bunch of tub toys that I play with too.
- My new best friends are my feet. My hands used to be my best friends (meaning I really didn't like it if they weren't right up by my face at every moment.), but since I discovered my feet are attached...I love to hold them, pull on them, pull off my socks, and even suck on my big toe!
- While you can't see them yet, I'm working on getting teeth. I really "munch" on everything that I can get in my mouth.
- Ooh, this may sound odd, but I really like breastfeeding now. At first I was kind of lazy (I admit it) and I just didn't like all the work involved in feeding this way, but since about 3 1/2 months old I really like being fed from Mom...but I'm still not a fan of having my head covered when being fed, so mom gives me a bottle when we are out and about, but mostly I don't have bottles. Sorry mom that I showed the funeral director in KY your boob. It was just so stuffy under that blanket!
- I'm trying hard to sit up on my own with out falling over. I can do it if mom holds my legs just right. Most of the time I'd just rather roll around though.
- I'm mom's helper. I help her make the bed every day, I help her do her hair and make-up, I help her make dinner, I help her do the laundry (I love to ride the clean clothes express too...Mom will put me in the laundry basket with the clean clothes to go from out laundry room on the main level to the upstairs. She even makes choo-choo sounds as we go!) I like to be a helper.
- I love my family. I have the best Nana, Grammie, & Papa's!
Monday, April 27, 2009
17.6 lbs and counting!
Mom weighed me this morning. It has been a while since she's made me get weighed and I was 17.6 lbs! Boy was she surprised! I'm getting to be "big stuff" as my daddy tells me! I thought I should let all my fans know what I'm up to these days:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment